When it comes to lab practicals, the key is to be thorough and to double check your work. Here are a few recommendations to keep you on the right track:
- Print out all of your lab packets and PowerPoints the first week of classes. Keep them in order in a binder with some loose leaf paper, and you will always be prepared for class. Use the printers on campus, you have $40.00 loaded onto your student ID card every semester.
- Read your entire lab packet prior to class and take notes while your lab instructor lectures at the beginning of class and reviews the packet. S/he will give you tips and information you will find crucial to completing your packet.
- If you are going to miss a lab, make arrangements ahead of time with your instructor to attend a different lab day.
- Ask clarifying questions. If you aren’t sure about what you need to do, ask the instructor or work with your lab partner(s) to figure out the answer.
- Hand in your packets on time!
Lab Safety Videos
Helpful BIO 117 Lab Videos